Monday, December 10, 2012

Watercolor Winter Bleached Poinsettia

I have been focusing on traditional Christmas colors and today I am going off the course and dabbling in Raspberry Ripple!  I love this color and after seeing a similar card on the Stampin' Connection site for demonstrators, I knew I had to add my twist!

My favorite LIVE poinsettias are the dark pink ones with the white veins, so I tried to re-create the look with bleach. 
The card base is Raspberry Ripple Card stock cut 5 1/2 X 8 1/2.  Cut mat from Very Vanilla Card Stock 5 1/4 X 4.  Stamp sentiment in Early Expresso classic ink, then emboss.  Ink the Fancy Fan Embossing folder with Crumb Cake classic ink.  Run thru the Big Shot and the ink will transfer to the card stock creating a beautiful background!

Cut Raspberry Ripple card stock 2 1/2 X 2 1/2.  Stamp Poinsettia from "Watercolor Winter" with Versamark ink.  Emboss with heat gun and Gold Embossing powder.  I then used Bleach and an Aqua Painter to Bleach the poinsettia.  Use your heat gun to thoroughly dry before matting on a 2 3/4 X 2 3/4 piece of Crumb Cake card stock.  Use the Distressing tool to fray the edges.
Tie Raspberry Ripple Satin Stitched ribbon around the Very Vanilla mat.  Glue mat down to the card and then use Stampin' dimensionals to pop up the poinsettia.  Elegant and perfect for the Holidays!  Change the sentiment for a Beautiful Winter Birthday card!!

Ingredients:

Watercolor Winter Stamp Set  129727  Clear, $18.95  Wood, $25.95
Raspberry Ripple Card Stock  126842  $6.95
Very Vanilla Card Stock  101650  $8.50
Crumb Cake Card Stock  120953  $6.95
Early Express Classic ink  126974  $5.95
Crumb Cake Classic ink  126975  $5.95
Versamark ink  102283  $7.50
Gold Embossing powder  109129  $4.75
Fancy Fan Embossing folder
Aqua painter  103954  $16.95
Raspberry Ripple Satin Stitched ribbon  126845  $8.95
Stampin Dimensionals  104430  $3.95

Shop my online store 24/7:  www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net

Stay tuned for more cards using "Watercolor Winter"

3 comments:

  1. I love this one! Raspberry ripple is my new favorite red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It reminds me of Magenta which was my favorite in my crayola box!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card! I'm going to have to try the bleaching effect. An now I am certain I must get that embossing folder too!

    ReplyDelete