Friday, December 14, 2012

Angel Petal Cone Box

 I tend to come up with my ideas when I am struggling to fall asleep on a work night!  The brain will just not shut off!  I was thinking about using glimmer paper to cut out birds for another project and was trying to not cut the wings.  And then it hit me make an Angel!!.So this became a dual project and as I worked out the details in my head I wanted to get up and make it, but had to wait until the next evening after work. 

I cut 2 petal cones in Naturals White card stock with the Petal Cone die.  Emboss them with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  Use Sticky strip and adhere the cones together.  (Refer to the Santa box in a previous post for photos)  The wings are cut from Champagne Glimmer paper with the Elegant Bird Die.  The below picture shows the die.  Cut one with the Glimmer up and one with the Glimmer down so you have wings going each direction.  I punched a 1 3/8 circle from the Glimmer paper.  Then use the 1 3/4 circle punch and punch again making the Halo. 
 
Fold each flap on the wings and add sticky strip.  Add wings to each side of the angel.  Punch a 1 3/4 circle from Naturals White card stock for the Angel face.  Use a glue dot on each side of the Halo and sit on top of the face.  Use a dimensional and add face to the top of the cone. 
Finish the bottom with 2 Itty Bitty punch shapes, attach with Metallic brads and close with Early Expresso Bakers Twine. 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
Petal Cone Die  121810  $32.95
Elegant Bird Die  125593  $21.95
Champagne Glimmer paper  127885  $4.95
Naturals White Card Stock  102316  $7.50
Elegant Lines Embossing folder  119277  $7.95
1 3/8  circle punch  119860  $15.95
1 3/4 circle punch  119850  $16.95
Itty Bitty Punch pack  118309  $16.95
Metallic brads  119741  $6.95
Early Expresso bakers twine  123124  $2.95
 
Stay tuned for my original project the Elegant Bird card coming tomorrow.......
 
Shop 24/7 at my online store:  www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment