Saturday, February 23, 2013

From Our Hearts Mother's Day Cards

I decided the snow storm was the perfect time to get a jump on making some Mother's Day cards for the troops.  So far 124 and counting......here are a few samples in case you are inspired to create a few.  I need them by March 9th so I can get them in the mail on the 11th.  The insides must be WHITE or IVORY, so they can be written in, no need to stamp a sentiment inside.

I will not add descriptions as most of the paper is retired and some of the ribbon is contraband.....which stands for $1 bin treasures!!  But I do have some tips, keep them simple!  Use embossing folders to ad texture and depth.  Use your large pieces of Designer paper as mats, use scraps to punch flowers and butterflies.  Use strips to make your own backgrounds.  This is the beauty of Stampin' Up product, IT MATCHES!!  You can flip it, punch it and embellish it so easily because it coordinates perfectly!


Here we go.....My favorite first!  Sorry about the glare, they are packaged and ready to go.















A few Simply Sent cards work well for this cause!


And here is my "tip for the day".  Before you throw that scrap in the trash PUNCH it!!  The new mini Butterfly punch is perfect for this.  Keep an empty embellishment container and you have instant card candy.  And since all our colors coordinate, you can easily add these little jewels to your future projects!  I will show you more tricks with these butterflies tomorrow.

Shop my online store 24/7:  www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net





No comments:

Post a Comment