Saturday, February 2, 2013

Peat Pot Gift Holder

When I saw this picture on page 24 of the Mini Catalog, I knew I had to re-create!  But finding peat pots in Winter is a waiting game and finally on the coldest day of winter I found them at Lowe's!!
So here is my attempt at duplicating this cute treat holder.


These pots can be tailored for any occasion and are 3 inches across at the top.  Trimmed with ribbon or fabric.  I used the glue gun to attach the Two-Toned Gray ribbon to the inside of the pot rim. 

The Sentiment embellishment was created with a Summer Starfruit card stock base cut out with the Oval Framelits.  Creped Filter paper was stamped with the Chevron pattern (Summer Starfruit ink), then the Sentiment(Early Expresso ink) from the "Oh Hello" stamp set and cut out with the Oval Framelits.  Glue dots were used to adhere the Creped filter paper to the card stock.  A glue dot was used to add the In Color Dahlias to the top and bottom of the ovals.  Stampin' dimensionals on the top and bottom secure the embellishment to the pot. 

On this project I added a Soda Pop Top charm.  More details on making these in the Curio Collage post coming in a few days.

How cute would these be for Valentine's, Easter, May Day, Mother's Day?  They scream Spring and I am ready for some Spring!! Stay tuned for more Peat pots.........
I will be holding a class on Feb 23rd, enroll on my website.   www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net

Pots ready to be trimmed, Two tone ribbon in pink and Fabric!!

Ingredients:

Oh Hello/Oval Framelits Bundle  131101 Clear $38.95,  131102 Wood $44.95
Two Toned Ribbon  129295  $6.95
Creped Filter paper 129393 $2.95
Summer Starfruit card stock  126839  $6.95  or 126838 In Color Assortment $6.95
Summer Starfruit marker  126856  $14.95  In Color Assortment 5 markers
In Color Dahlias  127556  $7.95

Shop my online store 24/7, enroll in classes at:  www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net



1 comment:

  1. Way Cute! I love mine! So glad I had a party! Thanks! Lisa.

    ReplyDelete