Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bloomin Marvelous Take 2

I love this ribbon and have been struggling to use it because it is gray. Gray can be such an elegant color if paired with the right tones. Pink is a common combo, but I wanted to go bold. So I chose Summer Starfruit!  I know this color has to grow on you, but I think this card will get those seeds germinating and you will be planting some Summer Starfruit on your next order!

This is another Sale-a-bration Stamp set that has simple images and GREAT sentiments!  I cut a card base of Basic Gray card stock.  The Whisper White mat is 4 by 5 1/4.  I stamped the flowers with Summer Starfruit ink  in 2 rows across the card making sure most of them would peek out from under this gorgeous ribbon.  The Sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray ink.  I then embossed with the Vine Street embossing folder.  This folder makes the flowers look like the are growing up this card. 

A ribbon slide was placed on a piece of 1 1/4 Two toned ribbon cut to go across the card and tuck under.  I placed a dimensional under the slide to hold the ribbon in place, then used snail adhesive to adhere the ribbon to the back of the Whisper White.  I then used Tombow adhesive to adhere the Whisper White to the Basic Gray base.  Basic Rhinestone Jewels were added and this cards truly SPARKLES!

This ribbon also comes in Pink tones, I can see this for Easter, both shades.  More to come........stayed tuned..........

Ingredients:

Vine Street embossing folder 130492
Bloomin' Marvelous Stamp set 129654 Clear,  129651 Wood
Sale-a-bration Items available Jan 22nd with a $50 purchase.

Basic Gray card stock  121044  $6.95  24 sheets
Whisper White card stock  100730  $8.50  40 sheets
Summer Starfruit classic ink  126991  $5.95
Basic Gray classic ink  126981  $5.95
1 1/4 Two Tone ribbon  129295  $6.95
Basic Rhinestone Jewels   119246  $4.95
Ribbon Slides Retired  (=  sad face!!  A knot would look just as good!

Shop online 24/7:  www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net

3 comments:

  1. I really Love this card!! Hope I can make it on Saturday at stamp a stack! :o)! Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can!! And I'll even let you change the flower color, but I think summer star fruit is growing on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On this card...it definitely is! I wouldn't change it! :o)!

      Delete