Monday, December 9, 2013

Curled Ribbon Wreath

I have seen many of these wreaths on Blogs, websites with tutorials and I finally made one.  It only took 2 hours, start to finish!!!  I have a witness!!
After watching several videos, I opted for this version.  I would give credit here to the designer, but it has been copied and shared so many times, I have no idea who the original idea belongs to, so here you go.....I would do a few things different after this first experience.  Cover your wreath with Spanish moss or tree moss.  It's hard to cover all that Styrofoam and you will have a more finished look.

Non SU supplies needed:
 
12 inch solid styrafoam wreath $2.97 at Jo Ann's
Straight pins
Moss
 
SU supplies
 
6 12X12 pieces of Designer Paper (Retired)
Cherry Cobbler Ribbon 132135 $8.95
 




Cut your paper in 1/2 inch strips.  Cut one, then curl.  If the paper will not curl, turn 180, cut another strip and curl.  I was lucky and this did not come up until the last piece of paper!  Continue cutting strips until all is cut.  Curl all strips.  I did this into one of my empty plastic spinach tubs from Sam's club.  It was about 3/4 full.  Start pinning curls to the wreath alternating your colors for the look you desire.  See how a bit of Styrofoam is peeking out in the close up?  Use some moss, that will eliminate that issue and give you a finished back.  I made a simple bow, pinned it in amongst the curls and a simple loop for a hanger which I pinned to the back of the wreath.

Perfect for any indoor hanging spot.  Check that paper you've been hoarding and give it a try!  Or check the Clearance rack and see if any of the sale paper inspires you.  A little Bird has told me the Clearance rack will be updated on Dec. 10th and that is Tuesday, so that means more weekly deals,  Keep your eyes peeled for some bargains!!

Shop Online 24/7:  www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment