Sunday, December 15, 2013

Curled Paper Tree

I was putting up my Christmas decorations and my Birch Bark trees were falling apart.  Out came the glue gun and as I was re-gluing the pieces it hit me.  Make a Paper tree.  I had a cone, it's been around for years.  This time I added moss first, but this sheet moss was pretty thick, so next time Spanish moss.  Walmart had it in Green and natural, but I was set on sheet moss.  SO here we go.  Just as for the wreath, cut paper strips 1/2 inch by 12.  Curl and see if the paper curls tight.  If not rotate the paper and cut from the other direction.  I used 2 sheets of 12X12 Season's Of Style paper for this tree.  Curl from each end and cut in half.
I also stamped the Star in Versamark on Real Red card stock and embossed with Silver Embossing powder.  I did 2 and cut the Stars out and used dimensionals to adhere them together.  A corsage pin anchors the star at the top of the tree. 


This will add just the look I needed on the other end of my Mantle.

Ingredients:

Season's of Style Designer Paper  132340  $10.95
Christmas Star  134813  $9.95
Versamark  102283  $7.50
Silver Embossing powder  109131  $4.75

Order Online 24/7:  www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net


1 comment: