Friday, August 2, 2013

Sweater Weather 2

On my return flight from Salt Lake City I sat with the nicest Demo from the Denver area.  We chatted and looked at each others swaps.  I drew a sketch of a card layout that I had never seen before.  Here is my first attempt at this layout.  The Original had another panel, but it was not working for me today......so we'll go with a simple version.

The Very Vanilla Card base is 8 1/2 X 4 1/4.  I then cut off 2 1/2 inches on the front panel.  The Sweater Weather paper is 3 X 4.  I used scraps of Crushed Curry card stock at the top and bottom and embossed with the Chevron embossing folder.  I then adhered this panel to the card front.  The Chevron Block from                                  was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on Very Vanilla card stock and then matted on Chocolate Chip card stock.  I scruffed the edges.  The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and punched with the Oval punch and matted on a Xlarge Oval of Chocolate Chip.  3 Bitty punch pack Crushed Curry flowers and pearls accent this panel. 
The Acorn was inked in Crushed Curry and then rolled on the Chocolate Chip ink pad and then stamped on the lower left corner. 
I love how you get a peek at the inside of the card and still have room for an inside sentiment.

Ingredients:

Sweater Weather Designer paper
Chocolate Chip card stock
Very Vanilla card stock
Crushed Curry card stock
Chevron embossing folder
XL Oval Punch
Large Oval punch
Bitty punch pack
Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment