Monday, August 19, 2013

Fall Wall Hanging

This Fall Banner has been rolling around in my head for weeks and I love they way it turned out.  It is more of a wall hanging, not what I had originally envisioned, but great for an entry way, kitchen, wherever you want a pop of  FALL! 

Here are step by step pictures:

 Sponge Daubers are the best option for lettering.  I used Cajun Craze ink and my grid paper to make sure my letters were lined up.  The stencils rinse off with water and are ready to go for the next project!
 I was going to spritz the background like the previous banners with the stencils, but the Wonderfall Stamp set was calling me......I had already stamped and cut a pile of leaves with the Autumn Accents Leaf die, but I wanted a more random background.  So I stamped directly to the canvas.  Used Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Baked Brown Sugar and Early Expresso inks.
 The 9 feet of Jute twine in the kit is perfect for this Autumn look.  I folded the twine in half and made a knot to use as a hanger.  I threaded the twine from front to the back of the banner, then up and over the top and thru the front again.  I attached a Popsicle to the top banner since it bears the most weight.
 Adjust the twine evenly on each side and attach the next banner.

I then strung random leaves with a needle and Linen thread wide enough to cover the top of each banner.  These are tied with the Linen Thread to the Jute twine.  Attach a leaf or two with a dimensional to keep them from moving around too much. 
Here is a close up of the Top Banner and below the full Banner.

Ingredients:
 
Build a Banner Simply Created Kit  133507  $19.95
Wonderfall  128087  Clear  $17.95,  131949 Wood  $24.95


 
Autumn Accents Die  127812  $21.95
Sponge Daubers  102892 $10.95  (12) daubers
Crushed Curry card stock  131199  $6.95
Crushed Curry ink  131173  $5.95
Baked Brown Sugar card stock  131296  $6.95
Baked Brown Sugar ink  131174  $5.95
Cajun Craze card stock  119684  $6.95
Cajun Craze ink  126965  $5.95
Linen Thread  104199  $4.50
Various embossing folders to texture the leaves
 

Order Online 24/7:  www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net
 



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is super cute!! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following and your kind words!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete