Sunday, November 25, 2012

First Christmas Nativity

When I saw this Stamp Set "First Christmas" in the Holiday Mini, I knew I  had to have this for my cards this season.  I love the image and the verses.  The inside verse is " This Christmas may you know Him more fully through the love and grace He so richly bestows."
 
This is the first card made using the Perfect Pennants Bigz Die which gave me amny pieces for additiona projects yet to come!  I was inspired by the Petal Cone ornament on page 18 of the Holiday Mini.  But of course had to make the card my own!

The card base is Naturals Ivory Card Stock, I then add a 5 1/2 x 2 1/2 panel of Early Expresso Core'dinations card stock embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing folder.  I layered a 5 1/2 inch piece of Crumb Cake tulle next.  I stamped the manger in Early Expresso and cut it out by hand.  Embossed the Triangle with the Fancy Fan Embossing folder , sponged the edges and raised fans with Champagne Shimmer paint and glued it down next.  Stamped the sentiment on the scallopped circle also cut from the Perfect Pennants Bigz Die and sponged the edges with Early Expresso and Champagne Shimmer paint.  I stamped the Star from this stamp set on the back of the Champagne Glimmer paper and used that outline as a guide to hand cut the star.  Then I added some Linen Thread and spritzed with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz.  A trio of Smooch Spritz is on sale for 30% off in the Online Extravaganza!!  Regular price $14.85,  now all 3 for $10.41 until 11/28 order number 132703!!

No comments:

Post a Comment