Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chevron Crazy

 As you can see I am Chevron Crazy!!  You see them everywhere!  In clothes, scarves, paper, purses, and home decor.  A friend of mine Amy Bagley from Deepwater Mo., who  shares space with her husband in a True Value Hardware store, showed this technique at a recent Scrapbook retreat. 
I thought, hummmmmmm, I can use this on a card?  So Thank You cards for orders this month feature a chevron.  I cut them down to 4 inches and embellished with fall leaves.  Of course I forgot to take a picture of the card, so tune in again to see the card, unless you placed an order in November and have one of your very own!!  Now for the instructions so you can make one!!
 Cut a piece of Designer paper 12 X 2 inches.  Score every inch, but alternate scoring from the top , then score from the bottom. Confused?  Let me explain.  At 1 inch, score from the top, to the halfway point on your paper.  At inch 2 score from the bottom to the halfway point on your paper. At inch 3 go back to the top, Inch 4, the bottom, so on until you reach the end of your paper. This may be hard to see on my picture above.  Check out the pic below.....
 Next take your paper snips and cut along your score marks, only cutting to the midway point on your paper.  Now you should be able to see better in the pic below.......
 Next the folding, fold your top cut down to the midway point as shown below.  Fold you bottom corner up to the midway point.  Continue down your paper folding toward the top or bottom to form the chevron.  No biggie if you loose track, after a wrong fold it will be obvious you need to try again! 
 Keep folding, you can use a bone folder to get really crisp creases. You may need to cut deeper toward the center if your paper is not quite even.  I was hurrying so I could get this posted so my points are not as sharp as if I had taken my time.
 Here is a view of the finished side.  This is what is so great about Stampin' Up paper.  You get 12 sheets of double sided paper that coordinates with every other paper in that pack, as well as our solid colors.  So you can stack your chevrons for a really cool look on cards or scrapbook pages.
 Finished chevrons ready to stack, use seperately on a page or cut to size for your project.
 Back side view.  I used a bit of Tombow glues to tack the back down.  I am sure double sided adhesive would work also.  You can also make these in different sizes, by changing your score marks and paper size.  I have not played with the measurements yet.  But I am sure any size would have quite an impact on your projects!!
Stay tuned for more projects.  Visit my Stampin' Up site to order 24/7, enroll in classes and see more projects!!   www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net
Leave a comment on this post and be entered to win Stampin Up product!!!

3 comments: