Friday, June 21, 2013

Clay Molds!!

I have waited to try out the clay when I had time to explore!  I spent most of the day Saturday playing in my craft room and love the results!

My first attempt was with the Flower molds, amazing detail!  I tore off a clump of clay and added 2 drops of Daffodil Delight re-inker.  The colors in this cards are SO Saffron and Pear Pizazz, but the flowers still blend.  That is what I love about Stampin' Up all the colors blend and match and make creating so EASY!!

I am starting to work on swaps for Convention in July and wanting to maximize my paper use, so here is a clever idea to make 18 cards from one sheet of 12X12 paper!!  Mind you, not the whole card, but the Designer paper part.  Always think before you cut to make the most of your products!  I am guilty of forgetting, so really trying to plan better!

I am using the negative image from the Floral Frames framelits flower on this card.  Two different Designer series papers were  used.  Cut your paper 4 X 4 and center the Frame.  You will see the Flower image on tomorrows Birthday card!  "Afternoon Picnic" has some Roses I wanted to use to match the clay mold Rose.  "I Am Me" had the So Saffron muted print.  Perfect match even tho the yellow in Afternoon Picnic is Crushed Curry?  And my Clay flowers are Daffodil Delight, shades that blend well together!

The So Saffron card base was stamped across the bottom with Background Builders in So Saffron ink.  The Negative Image was centered and adhered to the card base.  I them ran the entire card front thru the Big Shot with the Modern Mosaic embossing folder.  I then used the same Framelit to cut the same flower from Afternoon Picnic, then another flower with the smaller Flower framelit.  I scrunched these flowers and use glue dots to adhere.  The Clay Mold Rose was adhered with Tombow multi adhesive. 

I then added sticky strip to the gap between dsp and the border.  I scrunched Pear Pizazz Taffeta ribbon along this line.  The Sentiment from Pennant Parade was stamped in Pear Pizazz ink on Pear Pizazz card stock and punched with the Mosaic punch and popped up over the ribbon.

Background Builders  129147 Wood $22.95,  129150 Clear $16.95
So Saffron card stock  105118  $6.95
So Saffron ink  126957  $5.95
Pear Pizazz card stock  131201  $6.95
Pear Pizazz ink 131180  $5.95
Afternoon Picnic Designer paper 131390  $10.95
I Am Here Designer paper 130138  $10.95
Floral Frames Collection  127012  $26.95
Modern Mosaic embossing folder  $7.95
Pear Pizazz Taffeta ribbon  131208  $6.95
Button and Blossoms Clay Molds  131272  $7.95

Simply Pressed Clay  130685  $6.95
Daffodil Delight re-inker  119672  $2.95
Mosaic punch  $15.95

Order Online 24/7  www.kathyswanson.stampinup.net





1 comment:

  1. I'd like to see how much clay you get with it to see if it is worth my time to make them. :o)!

    ReplyDelete