Monday, July 15, 2024

What's on your Bucket List?

 Today is not going to be about cards, its going to be about Connections.......human connections.  I lost a Dear Friend and my mind has been working overtime and I feel if I don't write some of these thoughts down the sleepless nights will continue.  So hang on for a "Rant and Rave" or X out now!  Laurie and I used to Rant & Rave about many things daily when we worked at Tobler's Flowers in Lee's Summit and Bannister Mall.  We were cut from the same cloth.  Small town girls in KC in our early 20's trying to find our way.  No cell phones, No selfies just Human connection.  This photo is a screen shot of some of my hopes and dreams and Bucket List destinations.  My Home Temperature, My Aunts home temp. in Illinois and my Bucket List destination temps.  Places I want to visit and People I want to visit are at these locations.  I am kind of a weather geek and traveling in BAD weather is to be avoided and knowing the weather thru out the seasons is visible to me at the flip of my phone to my weather page.



Still here?  What does this have to do with the loss of my Friend and what does this have to do with Human connections?  My friend and I had stayed in touch for over 40 years,  She moved away and went on many adventures in many places and ended up on the Oregon Coast.  We Talked, wrote letters and sent Cards.  Then Facebook happened and we texted and messaged about me coming to Oregon for several years, but never TALKED!  We both still worked and life got in the way.   
 
I have never shared that Waldport was on my "List", that I looked at everyday....somedays multiple times a day.  It was solidly in MY future plans, but my intention was unknown to Laurie.  Our lives on Facebook were mostly highs and its hard to detect a persons struggle on a FB post.  Maybe she would still be here if I had TALKED more and limited my Like emojis, Hearts and HAHA's and really communicated with her in a meaningful way.  Set a date and gave her something to look forward to......we all need something to look forward to........

When you live alone and your Family is gone it is so easy to slip into the darkness.  We can all use some help with communication and I hope no one is offended by this post.  I am hoping my Loss of a person very important to me will motivate others to share your Hopes, Dreams and Bucket List with your Friends and Family.  Make your intentions clear and keep tabs via other avenues and not just Facebook.  Make plans, Go places and leave nothing to chance.  Reach out when that little voice speaks to you, that voice may be just what that person needs to hear. 




No comments:

Post a Comment